Get ready for the holidays with this festive Cornish Hen recipe from Pacifica Senior Living Ocala. Decadent, delicious and full of flavor, it is a meal that is sure to impress. Whether you're making a family meal, a holiday party, or simply want to try something new, Cornish Hen is a great dish for December. Gather loved ones and serve up something truly special, with this recipe from Pacifica Senior Living.
Pair it with a perfect side dish like Brussel sprouts, and stuffing for a meal that is sure to delight. Read more for the full recipes.
This recipe was created by Chef Garyd of Pacifica Senior Living Ocala. Originally from New York, Chef Garyd had an extensive career working in restaurants and Country Clubs before settling into Senior Living. Pacifica Senior Living Ocala prides itself on saving up only the best. From gourmet meals like this Cornish Hen recipe, to residents' favorites and classic dishes, we're always cooking up delicious meals.
Roasted Cornish Hen
- 1 Cornish Hen split in half
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp rosemary, dried
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cups crumbled cornbread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon dried sage, or more to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
6. While the sprouts are roasting, place the maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, and soy sauce in a small saucepan. Simmer 3 to 5 minutes on medium low heat until thickened slightly and reduced (this should result in about 2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons glaze). Pour this over the Brussels sprouts.
Great food and nutritional meals are an important part of our Pacifica Senior Living communities. You can learn more about our Culinary Program and how we ensure delicious and healthy options here, or come visit us and enjoy a complimentary meal as part of your tour.
Subscribe to our email list on the right for more great recipes like this one.
or check out our recipes section for more recipe options.