Enjoy this light a flavorful salmon cakes dish from chef Nikka Solis of Serra Highlands Senior Living. Topped with a tangy dill aioli sauce, it is the perfect meal for summer.
Find the full recipe below and try it at home for yourself. Or come visit Serra Highlands or one of our communities in your local area to try other amazing dishes like this one. Our aim is to create delicious, nutritious meals for our residents that really wow. From flavor-packed comfort foods and favorites to new and exciting dishes, we are always serving up something special.
A little about the chef:
Chef Nikka has been in the food industry for over 10 years and has been with the senior living community for 6 years. Her first job was as a cashier at a local farmer's market, where she was first exposed to great ingredients and the world of food.
From there, she ventured out to restaurants where she started as a hostess and moved her way up throughout different restaurants and found her way into Senior Living.
Chef Nikka fell in love with the senior community because of how close it felt to home.
"You meet all types of customers in restaurants and food shops but none have stories to tell like a senior community has."
Chef Nikka has been wowing residents and staff alike with her amazing dishes at Serra Highland. Along with her culinary team, she works hard to provide new and exciting dishes our residents will love, while keeping in mind their preferences, dietary needs, and requests.
Ingredients & Instructions
Salomn Cake Recipe
- 10lbs cooked salmon
- 3 large Red bell peppers (minced)
- 2 large onions (minced)
- 3tbs of minced garlic
- 32oz liquid egg
- 2-3 qt panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup sriracha
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup dried parsley
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- garlic powder, lemon pepper, salt and pepper to taste
1. Flake cooked salmon and add bell peppers, onions, garlic. Mix well.2. add liquid egg, sriracha, mayo, Worcestershire sauce, and throw in panko crumbs and parsley. Combine well.If mixture is too dry, add more eggs or mayoIf mixture to wet, add more pankoThe mixture should be flexible enough to roll into balls and pat into patties.3. Size patties to your personal preference. (palm sized ones.)Fry or bake patties until golden brown
Lemon Dill Aioli Sauce Recipe
- 2-3 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1/2 cup of minced fresh dill or 3 Tablespoons of dried dill
Great food and nutritional meals are an important part of our Pacifica Senior Living communities. You can learn more about our Culinary Program and how we ensure delicious and healthy options on our website, or come visit us and enjoy a complimentary meal as part of your tour.
Subscribe to our email list on the right for more great recipes like this one.
Or check out our recipes section for more recipe options.